Call for Applications to the 4th Africa-Europe Youth Summit and “EU-AU Youth Plug-In initiative”
The European External Action Service is calling young people to participate in the 4th Africa-Europe Youth Summit and “EU-AU Youth Plug-In initiative.” The 4th Africa-Europe Youth Summit will bring together more than 120 youth leaders from both continents, including African Diaspora, on 9-11 October in Abidjan, Ivory Coast, to agree on a declaration with recommendations and messages on 6 themes including education, peace & security, climate & environment, business & job creation, political inclusion and culture.
A follow-up group of 36 youth selected for the EU-AU Youth Plug In initiative will continue the work between October 27 and November 29. The group will be embedded in the AU and the EU as two Euro-African groups in both Addis and Brussels, to develop further ideas and proposal relating to the 6 themes for solutions, actions and initiatives.
Criteria for participation in The 4th Africa-Europe Youth Summit:
- Must have citizenship of a European country (member-state of the Council of Europe)
- Age 18-35
- Current involvement in a youth organisation/network
- Experience of implementing an initiative under at least one of the themes (education & skills, peace & security, environment, business & job creation, governance & democratic inclusion, culture & arts)
- Prior interest and previous knowledge of Africa-Europe cooperation
- Ability to work in either English or French
Additional criteria for participation in the “EU-AU Youth Plug-In initiative”:
- Availability to dedicate significant time and energy to the initiative (for a period of around 6 weeks in October and November, in both Addis and Brussels) **
- Knowledge of one or more topics (education & skills, peace & security, environment, business & job creation, governance & democratic inclusion, culture & arts)
- Experience in cooperating within international and multicultural teams
**All travel and accommodation expenses are covered for chosen applicants, participants selected for the Youth Plug-in Initiative are also allocated a stipend for the period of the Youth Plug-In initiative **
All applications must be submitted by the end of Sunday, 6 August 2017 (Brussels time).
Application form https://goo.gl/forms/k8RhxlEdLFu2s9tv2
In case you have any questions please do not hesitate to reach out to HVASS Irene at: Irene.HVASS@eeas.europa.eu